Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sync Contact Details With Phone Outlook & Yahoo Address Book

I had an old phone Nokia 6300, Does nothing much other than make calls. The Other day when I visited Alleppey, My Uncle Ramesh Presented me a Nokia Communicator 9300i. Its a great phone. I found the phone very useful good for business people like me.

I wanted my Phone Numbers to be transferred from my Nokia 6300 to Nokia 9300i. Unfortunately I couldn't as 6300 its a cheap model doesn't have blue tooth or support Nokia PC Suite. I had to do it manually, This is what I did.

What You Need
-------------
Hardware : Bluetooh Doogle , Cable or Infrared to connect to Nokia 9300i
Software :
Outlook Express or MS Outlook or What Ever
Nokia PC Suite
Yahoo! Autosync - to Sync With Yahoo Addressbook


How To
------
1. Login to Yahoo Calendar. On the Right Top Click On Sync.
Click On Install Now. Download the Application & Install it. Follow The Instructions Given by them. And Sync Outlook with Yahoo Calander

2. Now that you got Address book from yahoo in your computer Microsoft Outlook . Open Microsoft Outlook click on contacts. You would get a complete list of your contacts. Go ahead edit or delete what ever you want to do. Sync it again with Yahoo AutoSync.

3. Kewl You Have Synchronized Data In Yahoo & Microsoft Outlook. Whats left is to transfer them to your phone. Download and Install Nokia PC Suite. Connect your phone & Sync The data & you are done.

Hey the coolest thing is Your Calender is also Synchronized. Now You have Data On a Server, On Phone & On Your Computer. Sync and Enjoy.

http://www.muruganad.com/articles/sync_nokia9300i_outlook_yahoo.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home